Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite 3G - review and analysis of tablet parameters

Key Features of Huawei MediaPad T2 7.0 Pro

ScreenS-IPS, 7″, 1200×1920, multi-touch 10 touches, work with gloves
IronQualcomm Snapdragon 615 MSM8939, 64-bit, 8 cores Cortex A53 (4 x 1.5 GHz + 4 x 1.2 GHz), Adreno 405
MemoryRAM 2 GB, ROM 16 GB, Micro-SD up to 128 GB
Mobile InternetLTE cat.4 150/50 Mbit/s HSDPA 42.2 Mbit/s, HSUPA, TD-SCDMA EDGE
Mobile networksLTE Bands 1,3,7,8,20,26,28,38,40,41 UMTS 850, 900, 1900, 2100 GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900 TD-SCDMA
BatteryLi-Pol, 4360 mAh
Dimensions187.4 x 105.8 x 8.2 mm
Weight250 g
Camera13 MP, flash, autofocus front: 5 MP
NavigationGPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
OSAndroid 5.1.1 Lollipop, EMUI 3.1
SIM2 x NanoSIM
Price15000-18000 rub.

Small tablet. It's almost like a big telephone. Too big? Yah. Bringing it to your ear and talking is not a big problem. With one hand, even if this hand is not the largest size, it can be held at once. And all the telephone software is in place. When you're wearing winter clothes with their huge pockets, it's not a problem to find somewhere to put something weighing a quarter of a kilo. And the screen, which can respond to gloves, is extremely useful in the fresh frosty air.

Ideal for reading on the subway. You calmly hold it in one hand and read tweets and books. I've become interested in Harry Potter in my old age - Cool Reader, dictionary - and read to yourself in the original, study unfamiliar words. Go to websites? Well, here in some places, perhaps, I would like a slightly larger screen. Although it's still good.

For games? Again - great size, right on the bull's eye.

In the hot summer it will be a bit boring with a thing of this size. Will not fit in a shirt pocket. You'll have to put it in your backpack. But as a “winter smartphone”, I suddenly realized that this is the one that is close and understandable to me.

Does Huawei MediaPad T2 7.0 Pro have any disadvantages? Where would we be without them? Huawei’s eternal thirst to kill all processes and suppress notifications, of course, has not gone away. And it’s also annoying that there is no oleophobic coating. Otherwise everything is very good. Camera, batteries, screen, performance. And a finger sensor as a nice bonus.

Appearance

Weight250 g
Size187.4 x 105.8 x 8.2 mm
ProtectionNo

In appearance, it’s a typical oversized smartphone.

Narrow, plastic, lightweight. Entry-level seven-inch tablets usually weigh three hundred grams. Here we saved fifty dollars on the class.

The side frames look extremely narrow, but in fact, this is just an appearance. There are five millimeters from the edges to the screen. A millimeter is a visible stripe. And four - a black substrate behind the glass.

The tablet under review is not new, it has already been slightly bruised by life, the plastic on the back is worn out. Plus the glass is constantly covered in fingerprints. So the appearance is not the neatest.

A little more about appearance

Above the screen there is an ear speaker (with a built-in LED), a front camera, and light-proximity sensors.

Below the screen is the logo. Android buttons, natural, on-screen.

At the back, all the most interesting things are in the upper left corner. There is both a camera and a flash. And a hole that appears to be a noise-canceling microphone.

On the right side (from top to bottom) there is a volume rocker, a power button, a fingerprint sensor, a card tray (two Nano-SIM or one Nano-SIM plus a memory card). The finger sensor is located slightly unusually. But I liked it, it's comfortable. It is made in the form of a recess, so it can be felt easily and quickly.

The left side is empty.

On top there is a 3.5 mm audio output.

Bottom Micro-USB and main microphone.

Huawei MediaPad 7 Vogue (Lite 2) - A short review of a small tablet

• main camera 3.1 megapixel and front camera 0.3 megapixel. There is no autofocus.
    Now let's look at the tablet more carefully point by point.

Frame

Metal, with plastic inserts, heavy (335 grams). It is assembled quite well, gives the impression of a tightly knit brick, no gaps were found.

At the bottom there is a 3.5 jack for headphones, as well as a connector for a USB cable (with OTG support) and a charger. Unfortunately, the tablet does not charge from the computer, only from its own rather powerful two-amp charger.

On the right side there is a lock/on/off button, as well as a volume rocker.

Also, hidden under the common cover are connectors for a SIM card and a memory card.

Along with the tablet, a 32 GB tenth class memory card was purchased, with which the device “made friends” without any problems. On the back surface there is a small peephole for the main camera and a speaker covered with a mesh.

The speaker volume is average, but plays clearly. However, it’s still far from a boombox. The front surface is branded black, the display is most likely covered with glass. It is unlikely that there is an oleophobic coating, since it becomes covered with fingerprints very quickly and requires some effort to clean. Near the voice speaker there is traditionally a front camera, proximity and light sensors. But the manufacturer skimped on the LED event indicator.

Display

IPS is IPS - bright, rich colors, good viewing angles.

The disadvantages are, nevertheless, not the highest resolution - there is still “grain”, although it does not cause much discomfort, as well as increased “glare” of the display - in the bright sun there may be problems with readability, but the weather we have now It was cloudy, so I didn’t have time to check this parameter.

Camera

Everything with cameras is very sad. Both lack autofocus, but if you really want to, you can shoot readable text, and also document an event, just a photographic fact, but the resulting images cannot be called artistic. Main - 3.1 MP, front - 0.3 MP. Videos can be recorded in resolutions up to 720p, but in this case the frame rate will be low. If you lower the resolution to at least 544p, the smoothness increases noticeably. However, below there are a couple of examples in different resolutions. It is possible, of course, that third-party software can improve the result, especially since the tablet’s hardware, I think, can allow this, but in the “out of the box” version the camera shoots at 3-minus.

Video from the main camera 720p:

Video from the main camera 544p:

Photos from the main camera:

Photo from the front camera:

Software platform

Android 4.1.2 with proprietary EmotionUI shell.

The system as a whole works quite quickly, smoothly, with almost no lags. The only thing that overshadows the experience is that when adding some widgets to the desktop, the shell crashed a couple of times. The first thing I did when connecting the tablet to Wi-Fi was check for updates. A small shell update was downloaded and installed, which, according to information from 4pda, eliminates the error of incorrect display of battery charge readings. In general, I must say that even though I am a fan of “pure” Android, EmotionUI in its tablet implementation leaves a very pleasant impression with its speed and uncluttered interface. There is support for themes, three are built in initially. It's probably possible to download others, but I haven't checked. There is a choice between the built-in Google keyboard and the option from the tablet manufacturer. There are no complaints about either one or the other. The system provides call and text (SMS) interfaces, but the call interface works exclusively in portrait mode...

...and text - in landscape.

It's strange somehow. I made a couple of test calls, the voice speaker is pleasant, but I don’t think this is relevant on a tablet - it’s still problematic to use it as a phone. I really liked the colorful, animated weather widget that takes information from Accuweather.

Browsing

There are no problems with this, whether via Wi-Fi or 3G. I was impressed by the work of the built-in browser with the original name Browser ☺.

Pages open quickly, correctly, and scroll through without jerking. Opera Mini, of course, works great too. There are no complaints about the 3G and Wi-Fi modules - the tablet delivers a five-star speed as stated by the operator and provider.

Navigation

Despite the fact that the specifications do not indicate the presence of built-in GLONASS anywhere, nevertheless, I suspect that it is there, otherwise how can we explain the fact that GPS Test sees satellites with numbers above 60?

For comparison, here is a screenshot from my Fly IQ442.

Testing was carried out simultaneously, in cloudy weather, on my balcony. The difference in results is impressive. Judging by them, the tablet does not have any problems with the sensitivity of the GPS/GLONASS receiver.

Performance

As I already wrote, in everyday work the tablet works quickly. But there are some nuances. For example, the only “heavy” game I installed, Real Racing 3, does not play smoothly enough. There are no obvious “brakes”, but it does not leave the impression that FPS produces no more than 20-22. Which is strange, given the far from weak characteristics of the tablet’s hardware. I don’t rule out that the game is simply not optimized for the device’s less-than-standard hardware, and other games won’t have such problems, but we need to check, of course. For fans of synthetic benchmarks, I conducted standard testing in Antutu. You can see the results below.

Multimedia

I never took built-in video players seriously, due to their limitations and primitiveness, and there were no exceptions on this tablet. Video files in various formats and resolutions are played unstably - some are slow, some simply won’t play, and some are fine. But all problems are solved by installing MX Player, which, in software decoding mode, perfectly reproduced everything that I suggested to it. Of course, I didn’t try FullHD video, because I simply don’t see the point in it on such a small display, but there is information on the Internet that the tablet is capable of playing it, supposedly up to 1920*1080*30 fps. The sound from the external speaker is not the loudest, but quite clear. Music in my old Sennheiser MX 370 is reproduced well, in my opinion, but I'm not a music lover, so I could be wrong.

Battery

Still, a tablet is not a smartphone. It has a different use case. It’s difficult to immediately assess autonomy, especially if you only use the device for a few days. Subjectively, 4100 mAh makes itself felt. It seems that in standby mode the tablet practically does not discharge, and in occasional use the charge can last for 3-4 days. But for the sake of objectivity, I carried out a simple test - I fully charged the battery and set it to play a two-hour movie in avi format, frame size 720 * 384, file size 1.45 GB. MX Player was used in software video and audio decoding mode, display brightness 100%, sound level in headphones 50%. At the same time, Wi-Fi and mobile network were turned on. As a result, after the end of playback, the remaining battery charge was 58%. I think this is a very good result.

Bottom line

As such, I did not find any pronounced shortcomings in the Huawei MediaPad 7 Vogue. There are, of course, disadvantages, which I would describe as follows:

• Internals (iron)

AnTuTu38439 (v6.2.7)
    AnTuTu36000 (v5.7.1)
    ChipsetQualcomm Snapdragon 615 MSM8939
    Cores4 x Cortex-A53 1.5 GHz 4 x Cortex-A53 1.2 GHz
    GPUAdreno 405
    RAM2 GB
    ROM16 GB
    Micro-SDUp to 128 GB

A mid-range processor with expectedly average performance in all kinds of synthetic tests.

Quite a lot of RAM is nice.

Flash memory. The test tablet that came to me has 32 GB. But you won’t find such tablets on sale - officially only the more modest 16 GB variety is imported to us.

It is possible to insert a memory card (instead of a second SIM card). Moreover, the memory card can be designated as the “default save location”. In this case, it will also be used to install programs.

There are many sensors. Accelerometer, illumination, proximity, gyroscope, compass, Hall.

Separately, a few words must be said about the fingerprint sensor. The finger recognition sensor worked well until a certain point in time. But then he suddenly started acting up - he completely refused to accept registered fingers. Removed old prints. I added the first one, everything is fine, it works. I add a second one - sorry, he says, such a fingerprint has already been registered. I tried other fingers - from among those that I had not yet registered. No, they still don’t add them. Otherwise, the sensor is clogged and the optical axes need to be wiped with medical alcohol.

Test results

Hardware platform: processor, memory, performance

MediaPad T2 10.0 Pro is equipped with a 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 MSM8939 chip with an octa-core processor - Cortex-A53 cores. Graphics subsystem (GPU) – Adreno 405. There is 2 GB of RAM. 16 GB of flash memory is allocated for storing data and files, which can be expanded using microSD memory cards. The device has a corresponding slot for this.

If we talk about the interface, it is quite slow. Scrolling and menu navigation occur with a delay of 1 second, launching applications takes from 3 to 6 seconds. The browser and videos are also slow. Probably, a budget tablet should work like this, but at first such brakes are very annoying. Honestly, you expect a gadget for 18,000 rubles to be more nimble.

What's most surprising is that the MediaPad T2 10.0 Pro is quite playable. Of course, not in productive games, but in the simplest ones. He copes with them 100%.

Communication with the outside world

4GLTE Bands 1,3,7,8,20,26,28,38,40,41 LTE cat.4 150/50 Mbps
    3GHSDPA 42.2 Mbps, HSUPA, TD-SCDMA
    WiFib/g/n, 2.4 GHz
    Bluetoothv4.1, A2DP
    USB modesMTP
    USB-OTG+
    MHL
    NFC

It's a pity that there is no support for 5 GHz Wi-Fi. Otherwise everything is fine, everything works, etc.

Communication capabilities

The tablet supports all modern communication networks: 2G/3G and 4G on Russian frequencies of 800, 1800 and 2600 MHz. The quality of signal reception is not satisfactory; the tablet confidently maintains communication indoors and does not lose the signal in areas of poor reception.

The device supports telephone calls over a mobile network. To do this, it is more convenient to connect a headset and talk through it.

The tablet can work with all modern wireless networks. Among them are dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, and you can organize a wireless access point via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth channels. All modules work quickly and without failures.

Among the additional communication tools, it is worth noting GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou (standard Google Maps cartography is built into the smartphone). The navigation error radius during testing was about 10 meters, which is very little. The gadget copes well with the role of a navigator.

Screen

MatrixS-IPS
    Diagonal7″
    Permission1200×1920
    Multi-touch10
    Max white brightness397.8|369.2|386.4 cd/m2
    Min white brightness5.4|5.0|14.2 cd/m2
    Contrast890:1|830:1|870:1
    Color temp.8500|10900|6300K
    GlovesYes

There is exactly one complaint about the screen - there is no oleophobic coating. Well, actually, two. I would like, like in the Huawei MediaPad M3, the ability to lower the resolution. I suspect that some gamers would like this - if the resolution is lower, then there are fewer brakes.

On all other sides the screen is fine. Excellent brightness range, good contrast, nice colors. Even working with gloves is supported, here.

Appearance

There are several modifications of Huawei MediaPad T2 7.0 Pro, differing in colors: traditional white, blue, pink and gold. The last option you see in the illustrations. The tablet body is all plastic. However, it successfully imitates metal and, thanks to several steps along the edge, does not look completely simple. The front panel of the tablet is covered with protective glass, framed by a small edge. At the top there is a block of proximity and light sensors, a front camera and a single speaker, under the grille of which an LED indicator is elegantly hidden.

There are two microphones, there are standard 3.5 mm and micro-USB connectors, but the main feature of the MediaPad T2 7.0 Pro is the fingerprint sensor on the right side of the case. The narrow strip is not aligned with the power button (it is located a little higher) and could have been integrated into the exterior better, since there are examples on the market.

Just a few words about the operation of the sensor. After registering a fingerprint, you can unlock the tablet by placing your finger at any angle, but the response speed of the sensor is not instantaneous, and errors do occur from time to time. The body is narrow, it is convenient to hold it with one hand, and if necessary, the dimensions allow you to hide the tablet, for example, in a jacket pocket. The assembly is high quality.

Operating system and other software

Android is far from the latest, only 5.1.1 Lollipop. And you should hardly expect an update to more recent versions. But it's 64-bit.

Traditionally, Huawei uses the proprietary EMUI 3.1 shell. Traditionally, there is no single list of applications. Everything is expected, nothing interesting.

A number of third-party applications were pre-installed (Odnoklassniki, Booking, etc.), but everything was removed without any problems. The Google search bar also calmly allowed itself to be deleted.

More screenshots

Software

Huawei products run a proprietary modification of Android 5.1.1, called EMUI 3.1. Our regular readers are well aware that the company's programmers did not stop at a simple redesign and implemented many additional functions that were not available in the vanilla version of the operating system from Google.

Let us list some of them again. Users have access to various design themes, customizing the lock screen, the location of the navigation bar keys, changing the scale of the home screen and hiding unused applications from the list. Especially for tablets, EMUI has a split-screen mode that allows you to work with two applications simultaneously, but its functionality is limited. Not all programs are supported by it, and working with two copies of the same application (for example, with different Chrome tabs) is impossible. Yes, you can use a different browser or, with a little cheating, install another Chrome on your tablet, but I would like everything to work out of the box.

Some additional features even seem unnecessary. Thus, built-in tools for controlling application access to RAM can create problems with background updates and push notifications. The pre-installed Clean Master is intrusive and its usefulness is questionable. In addition, the pre-installed applications include Yandex, Dropbox, Facebook, Shazam, Booking, and WPS Office services. All of them can be deleted if necessary.

Battery

The battery capacity is 4360 mAh, which is very good for a seven-inch tablet. The battery test results are excellent - as much as 173% of the standard. There would be even more - but - a complete failure in GPS tests. This is the first time I've seen this.

Traditionally, Huawei has had problems with those tests that are carried out with the screen turned off. I managed to do the music test only the second time, and I ended up giving up on one of the Torrent tests. The reason is standard - the system is overly actively killing applications, including actively running ones.

Full discharge timeDischarge in an hour
    Video12:008.3%
    Video HD9:1010.9%
    Easy game6:4015.1%
    Hard game5:0019.8%
    Telephone27:403.6%
    Music47:102.1%
    GPS on 3G window4:1023.9%
    GPS on Wi-Fi window4:2023.2%
    White screen18:005.6%
    White screen 100%8:3011.8%
    White screen 0%39:002.6%
    Internet 3G8:3011.7%
    Internet Wi-Fi10:209.6%
    Slow 3G torrent46:002.2%

Huawei MediaPad T2 7.0 Pro as a photo and video camera

Rear:13 MP, AF
    Front:5 MP, FF

The cameras are good. Not masterpieces - for some reason they don’t put masterpieces in devices that are sold for modest money. But I'm happy. If we remember that this is not even a smartphone, but a tablet, then we can say that we are doubly pleased.

The only thing to keep in mind. There are a bit too many out-of-focus shots, especially if the lighting is not too bright (cloudy weather, twilight, indoors, etc.). That is, do not spare the film, duplicate what you shoot before it runs away.

A few more pictures

The rest of the photos.

Front-camera:

Advantages and disadvantages

Among the advantages of this model, we note the following:

• Attractive design and high-quality assembly.
    • High-quality IPS display
    • Availability of 3G and work with a SIM card.
    • Excellent functionality in a small device size.
    • Affordable price.

Among the disadvantages, the most significant is the low performance compared to other analogues. Due to this, the device costs less. It is also important to pay attention to the short battery life, not very high-quality camera - perhaps these characteristics play a significant role for you when choosing.

Huawei MediaPad T2 7.0 Pro as a GPS navigator

The tracks are moderately smooth. The tablet can catch GLONASS satellites. Brightness is good. So it’s an almost perfect navigator. Although, of course, I would like more work time - it’s unlikely that it will be possible to stretch it out into a day of walking. And a dirty screen in the sun will interfere.

Test tracks

Huawei MediaPad T2 7.0 Pro as a toy

Ideal gaming size, in my opinion. Alas, not everything is perfect with games. This sounds strange, but the budget Acer Iconia One 8 (B1-850) is powered by a weak chip from MediaTek - even that one performed slightly better (see review).

A gameProblems?
    Angry Birds Go!Everything is fine
    Pitfall!Everything is fine
    Shoot The ZombirdsEverything is fine
    Asphalt 8: Take OffIt is impossible to play on maximum graphics. At the minimum, new tracks (Patagonia) slow down, the rest are quite playable.
    Real Racing 3Everything is fine
    NOVA 3It slows down when there are a large number of characters on the screen.
    Need for Speed ​​Most Wanted30 seconds of game time = 33 seconds of real time
    Grand Theft Auto: San AndreasEverything is fine
    Dead Trigger 2"Not supported on your device."
    Riptide GP2Everything is fine
    FIFA 15Everything is fine

Rating
    ( 2 ratings, average 4 out of 5 )
    Did you like the article? Share with friends:
    For any suggestions regarding the site: [email protected]
    Для любых предложений по сайту: [email protected]